On 16 May 2012, at 15:23, Jean-Claude Guédon wrote:

> Jan,
>
> I do not disagree with what you say, but I was disagreeing with what Eric was
> saying. He suggested publishers should select editorial boards. Like you, I
> believe that they should be organized by researchers themselves. The same
> applies to the peer review comment.

Jean-Claude, I don't think Eric said that. He said the publishers *did*, not
that they *should*. And I don't believe he meant *should*.

> As for searchability, I believe it goes beyond discoverability.

You're right. But with the right tools, literature, even in PDF, doesn't have
to be 'eyeball-limited' any longer. See http://utopiadocs.com, for instance. Or
http://pdfx.cs.man.ac.uk/ These tools are freely available to individuals as
well as repositories. If it weren't for rights barriers, most of the material
in repositories could all be 'libre' OA.