Dear all,

Excuse my question if it is the one of a not yet well informed person
(me).

I wonder if there is any concerned and organized activity to have the
financing institutions (NIH, NSF, CNRS, and the like in every contry +
the large private institutions, the Gates Foundation ...) be aware and
NOT financing research published in these predatory journals.

Couldn't we, the member of this list, publish white papers in newspapers
with large circulations (The Times, The Guardian, The New York Times, Le
Monde, La Stampa ...) , on top of maintream journals in science and more
(Science, The New Scientist, The Economist ...), arcticles in which we
support the financing institutions as much as the researchers themselves
not to publish in these journals ? (and only publish in the "gratis OA
journals by the way")

Best regards,

Nicolas

Nicolas Pettiaux, phd - nico...@pettiaux.be