From: "J. Colaco < jc>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I do understand that there is a "scientific committee" and a process
for these miracles - BUT if any process is going to be accepted, the
process has to be open and transparent.  I suggest  that IF we really
want to investigate ANY matter - we should invite inspection from the
'skeptical' side.
***The Medical Bureau examines the evidence scientifically and consults also
the International Medical Panel,
which consists of scientists of all beliefs and 'no-beliefs' and
'skeptics'.

I must say that I am amazed by the writings of Fr. Ivo.  Is that sort
of stuff helping or not-helping the faith I have that the Catholic
Church is based on the teachings of Christ - the serious failings of
the human faces of the Church notwithstanding?
***Are not miracles a part and parcel of the teaching of the Church and of
the Gospels? Jesus worked miracles, as the Gospels attest. The Church has defined the possibility of miracles. Our Faith is not based on miracles, but it is confirmed by them. It is historical and rooted in the Incarnation of the Word.
My contention is that miracles do not contradict Science.
They go beyond the natural phenomena, they cannot be explained
scientifically.
They are explained as intervention of God's power.
We Christians have no problem to accept them. Should we not explain it to the agnostics
when opportunity is given to us?

If so, why bombard me and the rest of us with junk?
***We are used to be bombarded with "junk" by most Goanetters in this Forum,
including Dr.J.Colaço (with mutual insults). We bear up with them, let him
and others bear up with me...
These matters are of concern for us all.

Check a: If  s/he has the requisite knowledge of the field of medicine in
which the miracle is said to have occurred.
b: S/he has personally reviewed all the original details of the case.
c: S/he is able to say with confidence that there is NO other explanation
for the 'cure'.
***Dr.JC has not paid attention to all these three points presented in the postings. All these three
conditions have been fulfilled by the Medical Bureau of Lourdes.

Some of the Points made by Santosh Helekar
> 1. The claims that any of these "miracles" were investigated by
following proper scientific procedures are false.
***These procedures have been used.
2. I want to demonstrate that those who claim scientific legitimacy
for their belief in the authenticity of these "miracles" are being
misled by bogus pronouncements in propaganda publications and on the
internet because they refuse to or are not able to critically evaluate
these pronouncements.
***If definite criteria to judge them are fulfilled, then they are
authentic.
We do not accept "bogus" anecdotal tales. Historical criterion is
important--what has happened and how.
3. In the case of the Korean "miracle", the Church authorities
themselves have rejected it as fraudulent, and warned against its
propagation among their followers.
***There is a cocktail of "phenomena" there in Naju, South Korea. Discipline
had to be maintained.
The Archbishop has given his verdict. His verdict does not rule out
Eucharistic miracles, as attested by the witnesses, including Bishops and priests who saw it. My point is that there are Eucharistic miracles. About his assertion that it is against the teaching of the Church,
I agree to disagree: the Church approves of Eucharistic miracles.
I have given two examples: one at Naju and one at Lanciano. At Lanciano
scientific investigation by Dr.Odoardo Linoli has confirmed it: the white Host was turned into Flesh and Blood. Consulted by ZENIT, Dr.Linoli explained that "as regards the flesh, I had in my
hand the endocardium. Therefore, there is no doubt at all that it is cardiac
tissue."
In regard to the blood, the scientist emphasized that "the blood group is
the same as that of the man of the holy Shroud of Turin, and it is
particular because it has the characteristics of a man who was born and
lived in the Middle East regions."
It is not "fraudulent", it is
preserved at Lanciano till today.
My contention that it is a miracle stands. This should not be "junk" for you.
Regards.
Fr.Ivo