While we're on the subject... UpdateSettings probably shouldn't:
 - ask you whether to update settings when there are no files in
either the Default *or* the active Settings folder
 - ask whether to update settings when you just installed the only
version of the program and thus the Settings folder is empty
 - make a backup of an empty settings folder
 - force you to accept each change individually (I recently installed
a program that prompted me for over 350 items... "Use all new" would
have come in handy.)

If any of these are fixed in CVS just ignore me, I stick with the
releases :). If any of them are unknown bugs I can try to figure out
what I did to see them...

-Andy