On 12/21/20 12:26 PM, Space A. wrote:
> Unfortunately it was expected that creators of the language will not resist
> forever being under the pressure of masses

Whilst I don't agree with the language of these mails.

I have worries and struggle to see much benefit also.

Mostly I feel the time could be better spent elsewhere, though I am sure that I
am missing much of the picture.

It is said that it will only be used sparingly and some stdlib functions can
then be written that will be simpler to use.

Yet in Dart I even see examples for riverpod/provider for non generic code
written using Generic syntax, for demo purposes!

The performance will also be reduced, so wouldn't there be pressure for the
stdlib to keep duplicated more performant code, in most cases?

I take comfort in the airings that unlike Dart where dynamics were the norm
originally. It will be explicitly made clear that Generics are intended to be
far from a first resort.