I'd like to second the notion that the argument "if you don't like them,
don't use them," is an invalid argument.  Anyone who's been in the game for
any length of time knows that more than we'd like, we're repairing someone
else's code, as opposed to writing our own from scratch.  If there is a bad
or confusing way to write Go code, then it will be written that way by
some, and we'll all be forced to deal with it.

It seems to me that part of the reason that Go was ever even a necessary
experiment was because these other languages were trying to appeal to as
many use cases as possible, and the complexity and awkwardness of those
languages - as well as their reliance on their programmers to know the
"right way" to write in the language - are an unavoidable consequence of
succumbing to that temptation. I would channel Antoine de Saint-Exupery in
this: “Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But
When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away”

I also think saying "If you want a Java-like experience, use Java" is not
only not a personal attack, nor an exclusionary statement, it's a perfectly
reasonable recommendation. Programming languages are not exclusivity clubs
where if you use one, you're excluded from using another.  Using the right
tool for the job is part of our profession.  But I think some people,
myself included, find that easier to do when the tools don't all look and
function the same way.  Having a programming language that is simple,
clear, fast, and easy to maintain - even if it's considered not the right
tool for the job in every case - is something that I think holds value to
us. That might not be something that would be expressed very well in a
survey.