> For example, the multiple proposals that flowed out of
https://go.googlesource.com/proposal/+/master/design/go2draft-error-handling-overview.md
.
None of them have been adopted.

I remember what was happening to "try" error handling proposal. It was
withdrawn only because of active resistance by the community.

And what's happened to a new "generics" proposal, it also got a lot of
critics but was "accepted" in less than a month after formal publication on
github. As Russ said "No change in consensus". What does it mean? Who are
these people who can change the consensus? How was it measured? A few days
after Russ locked it, so nobody can even say a word against it if they
wanted. So it looks very much that company management learned from "try"
proposal.