* Michael W Thelen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-08-29 13:11]:
> * Mtv Europe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-08-25 13:59]:
> > New day, new golf "Automatic Editing":
> >
> > http://209.237.255.144/~pgas/score.pl?func=rules&hole=42&season=1
>
> Just a clarification on the rules: are there restrictions on the nature of the
> "find" and "replace" substrings to avoid infinite substitutions?  For example,
> applying a substituion "a" -> "ab" would lead to an infinite substitution if
> the string contained "a".  I assume this input is disallowed, but I wanted to
> make sure.  Is that right?

Hmm, never mind me, I guess I didn't read the rules very carefully... this is
precluded by the restriction that the string will never grow larger than 255
characters during the process of applying the substitutions.  Carry on!

-- Mike

--
Michael W. Thelen
#define SIGILL 6 /* blech */