On Sep 14, 6:06 am, leszek <leszek.ptokar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hibernate is not JPA implementation, it exposes its own API.
> "Hibernate Entity Manager" is a product build on standard Hibernate
> and offering full JPA interface.
>
> Google App Engine does not support
> Hibernate:http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/web/will-it-play...
> -----------------
> Hibernate
> Versions: All
>
>     * You cannot currently use Hibernate directly. The differences
> between the App Engine datastore and SQL were too great to get the
> standard Hibernate up and running under App Engine. App Engine does
> support JDO and JPA, so you may be able to convert your Hibernate code
> to use one of these ORM interfaces.
> -----------------

I'm using JPA with "Hibernate Entity Manager".   So, how can I
configure App Engine to use my existing JPA backend on a Postgresql
database?  I'm even willing to change the JPA persistence provider
from "Hibernate Entity Manager" implementation to the Data Nucleus JPA
implementation but I'm struggling to get the this configured
properly.  Are there any example of folks configuring alternative
databases with  JPA?   The documentation I've read so far seems to
assume (or perhaps dictate) that I'm going to use JDO with Data
Nucleus.

I just want to get this data storage situation resolved as quickly as
possible so I can get back to working on a AJAX front end.  Currently,
I don't even plan on marshaling any of my POJOs the client.  My AJAX
client will just use XML to communicate with my servlets.