OK - Thanks, Joseph for helping understand the role of the Utilities
project.

A final question is the difference / compatibility between the Helper
project, and the Patch project.  Currently, I have completed some work
on a project which was started in an environment with django .97 and
the Helper.  Now, I'd like to establish a foundation for the longer
term.  There is a bunch of rearranging I need to do to my code; I want
to move to django 1.0; and I want to have non-Google login/
authentication.

After research, I get the impression that the Patch serves my needs
better than the Helper.  It has zipped Django 1.0 implemented. It
seems to have better support for authentication than the Helper.  And
in general, it appears that it is more substantial in terms of active
development, than Helper is.  Helper seems like it has slowed down a
bit.  It's last release was in early August.

So my understanding is:

 1.  I should choose *either* Helper or Patch - not both.
 2.  It appears that Patch has better support for implementing
authentication.
 3.  It appears that Patch is reliable.

Is my analysis correct?

Sorry to belabor the point.  Maybe someone else will get value from
this thread, too.  :)