On Nov 5, 1:46 pm, yejun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But you can use a notepad to write a scalable web application on GAE
> just in 5 minutes and run it in seconds. On EC2 the development
> process will take a minimal of days.

I'm not sure I agree with the quicker-development-cycle argument...
see the threads on how to write a simple web counter with GAE, or do
simple database queries.  Things very easily done using other
technologies on an EC2 type of solution.  You just have to 1) agree to
10 cents an hour to test your app 2) pick images you wouldn't have to
choose with GAE.  You can even use Python on EC2 so thats not really a
'pro' for GAE either.