As far as I can tell, this just started. Maybe we missed some notice
or change in policy? Perhaps someone could point me to the
documentation.

More suggestions:

Definitely my sites require repeated automated queries. One site
records weather related data. The other site records process
statistics on multiple computers. I could design each input and
request to authenticate.  However, I'm hoping this is just a bug.

Regards,

Mike Chirico