From: Paul Kinlan
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 11:24 AM
To: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
Subject: [google-appengine] Re: 403 - sorry.google.com/sorry - your query looks
similar to automated requests

Hi,

The problem I have is that I will have Apis in the future that will be called
in ways that will look like bots and without a way of controlling this feature
I will have no way to tell my users what will get their service blocked and for
how long it will be blocked.

I totally understand the need for this and protection it can give us and how it
will stop us from unfairly using the shared resources of the system because of
malicious actions of users of our sites, but as developers and the people
responsible to our users and clients we can't be blind to how this feature
works and how we can help them when they get blocked by this feature.

Hopefully this is a bug or a glitch, because otherwise it is an example of how
a feature has have been introduced without the users (us) knowing.  I have lots
of experience and frustrations with vendors not change controlling services
adequatly.

Kind Regards,
Paul.