> That would work well for a small amount of users. But what if my app
> grows to like 5,000 emails? Your solution would definitely not work
> well at that point!

I agree that it's far from being perfect, but I don't see why it
wouldn't scale. I currently send about 100 emails a day, if this
number grows, I would just need to buy more quota and ping the mail
sender URL more frequently (every 17 seconds for 5,000 emails a day).

> Do you maybe know of an external service that would allow me to set up
> s/t to "broadcast" to many url's or is there another way that i'm
> "missing"?

Google will eventually roll out a solution for background processing,
you can switch to it when it's available.

Also, a few workarounds have been discussed in this group, just search
it for "background".

--
www.muspy.com