Well another point is that if I want to send time-sensitive info, it
would be impossible (i.e. with your method, you are running the
sending throughout the entire day, but in some cases almost-instant
sending is required).

Another problem worth mentioning is that mass-fetching from the
datastore (all the emails) would not work in the current appengine...