No solution - just gathering information.  Looking more closely at the
logs where the errors occur, the deadline exceeded pops up somewhere
while loading and patching django.  This started a couple days ago.
Maybe it'll go away?

Oh well - I'm gonna enjoy the rest of the weekend, and will come back
to this on Monday.  :)

johnP