> > (I thought that it
> > was common knowledge that China imposed controls on in-China sites.)
>
> So you really have no idea what you are talking about...

Umm, unless you're claiming that China doesn't impose controls on in-
China sites, it's pretty clear that I do know what I'm talking about.

> The direct outcome: sites that do not violate government standards
> will be accessible to Chinese users.

Which means that if Google allows anything to be hosted in China that
the Chinese don't like, they'll block GAE-China (and maybe other
properties to teach Google a lesson or because the external IPs are
shared).  Since the Chinese change their minds about what's
objectionable fairly often...

Yes, the Chinese may tell Google what applications are objectionable
today and let Google move them.

Yup - absolutely no hassle for Google.  I too demand that they do so
immediately.  And give everyone ponies.

Of course, Google can try to make it easier for China to block on an
application-specific basis (perhaps only for certain applications),
but they can do that for any datacenter.