>what can Google do to stop the Chinese
> govt from blocking?

>one can argue that Google "needs" the Chinese govt to not block,
>but that doesn't imply that Google can do anything to stop the Chinese
>govt from blocking.

As I've told you, there are plenty of solutions.

One of them is to offer hosting at Google's data center in China. The
biggest objection you could muster up to that solution was a pointless
"Google may or may not offer that solution" piffle. Yes indeed. And
Google "may or may not offer" any solutions to any problems reported
in this forum. What's your point?

What solutions Google may or may not offer is certainly not for you to
say. The only strange thing in this entire thread is what caused you
to take so much offense to some users who are merely doing what
everyone else is doing in this forum: reporting problems and asking
for Google's help in solving such problems.