On Sep 2, 2:34 pm, "Brandon N. Wirtz" <drak...@digerat.com> wrote:
> What would you need all those threads for in a web App?  If you were
> crunching DNA, or calculating the path of particles from the big bang that
> would make sense...

When you make an asynchronous URLFetch call does each asynchronous
call to URLFetch count as a separate thread???

Suppose I want to write an app that will aggregate the search results
from 30 different search engines (that's not an unrealistic real-life
scenario, lots of things have to be done asynchrounously).
Suppose each call to a search engine takes 1 second.
Suppose I make 30 aynchronous calls to each search engine.
It'll take 2 seconds for each request (cause I blew pass my thread
limit on the 30th async call so I'll have to wait an extra second for
that last request).
And now I can only handle one user every second.