And there is a form you can fill out to have your request per second limit
increased if that is a need.

http://code.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=AppEngineCPUReque
st

Just explain why you need more resources and they will be granted.

Even 100k people showing up with in a 5 minute time frame is only 333
requests a second.  You should have a hard time hitting the 500 QPQ limit.

Also you can round robin portions of your cycles by putting a request proxy
ahead of your large app so that you are less restricted by these already
generous limits.

Is anyone actually hitting Thread limit errors? Or is this just a typical
I'm going to be the next Facebook OMG Google won't work for this when I get
to 1.2m active users guess I should build my own server in my basement
because it will be better, sort of naval gazing that I face with PMs and
SysArc's on a regular basis?   You can't break the speed of light with a Jet
Engine either, but its still over kill for my soapbox derby car.

-Brandon Wirtz