On Dec 7, 11:00 am, Toby Reyelts <to...@google.com> wrote:

> The applications which suffer most from this problem are those with very
> low-traffic, heavy initialization, and heavy dependencies. But we care
> deeply about the performance of all applications on GAE. This is why we're
> working very hard on performance improvements to the runtime which will make
> all applications load and run faster.

Are Python GAE apps doing the usual Python optimizations?  I've been
assuming that if I import codecs, for instance, that I'm loading pre-
compiled byte-code from Lib/codecs.pyc.  But if I import my own
modules, it sounds like their byte-code doesn't get saved anywhere.
Would it be possible to upload .pyc files?  My application (a Google
Wave bot) is probably never going to be as high-traffic as most of the
people here, so I'd like to optimize the initialization and
dependencies as much as possible.