On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 5:38 AM, WallyDD <shaneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be nice if people could use some actual examples as to why
> app engine is a joke. One problem with emails doesn't cut it. The time
> limit has been discussed until we are all sick of it.
>
> I am not convinced that Google has a lot of money making websites on
> it (whether they make money through the hosting fees or the adsense
> revenue).
>
> Next up I will go and figure out why I keep getting all these timeouts
> in my logfile. I hope this isn't a case of a hosting provider
> overloading their server.
>
> For my two cents (slightly off topic);
> No big company is using it exclusively for their website needs.
> Bestbuy uses it for some very small part. The whitehouse? I wonder
> what that is about.
> Google also blocks GAE to quite a few countries yet points fingers at
> the Chinese Govt. Why doesn't Google give Hillary the finger?

This is not correct. We do not block any App Engine site for any country or
region. Any blocking is entirely due to third parties between the user and
our servers.

-Nick Johnson

> On Jan 12, 8:41 am, mateusz <mateusz.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Standard servlet, sometimes work sometimes not throwing: "Request was
> > aborted after waiting too long to attempt to service your request." -
> > I think it's when application is waken up from sleeping, but no
> > pattern - strange;
> > Another joke, when I am sending emails from appliacation, it's
> > sometimes send sometimes NOT, without exceptions; if I send to google
> > account - it's delivered in a second; when I send to other account
> > (not gmail), I have to wait long time to be delivered;
> >
> > It's wasting time to think that you can use google app engine as
> > production environment event for the smallest form based application.
> >
> > Do sth with it or close that business;

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine
Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number:
368047