As I read your answer I may be found a solution and you might tell me what
it is worth.

We could for example encrypt the account number of a customer and not the
transaction or the value of the transaction.

This way I could send a query on the encrypted value of the customer account
which wouldn't increase in a significant way the time of treatment? What do
you say?

May be you need to know more of why I need security and what the system is
meant to do.