On Oct 6, 6:27 pm, andy stevko <andy.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One issue with the download code option is how it works in the context of an
> app store.
> If I license an application thru a store, can I then download the code,
> modify it, and redeploy?
> Also - if I have sensitive information (like Authorize.net keys) coded into
> my application, the information was basically inaccessible prior to this
> feature.

The item in the release notes says that it would be downloadable by
the developer who uploaded the version.  If you are that developer,
you already have (or had) the source code.  If you're not, you
wouldn't be able to get it, even if you're an administrator of the
app.  To me it looks like the App Engine team got the balance right,
and I'm wondering if all of the "+1" people piling on really get
what's being described.