Limiting it to the developer who uploaded the code doesn't really help
in a decent sized team where multiple developers upload the code.
Developer A uploads version 1.3.37, and developer B uploads version
1.3.38, from an business IP perspective that's two developer accounts
that get access to the whole code base. Multiply by N.

And before people say - 'you should only have one guy uploading code'
- that's not a philosophy I subscribe to, based on

1. The hit by a bus problem - teams where only one member is familiar
with a task. This is mitigated by multiple team members being familiar
and active across multiple project tasks, and good policy.
2. Isolation of responsibility problem - this is a security risk,
morale risk, quality risk and stale process risk. Team members are
pretty capable people generally, and sharing responsibility across
multiple project elements is a good thing from all these perspectives.

And no, there shouldn't be one 'appengine super user'  account that
every team member uses to achieve the above.

Not trying to be antagonistic, but I really want to put a solid stake
in the ground right opposite the argument that this is a good thing.
This will make a difference to business customers - technical
arguments aside, they like to hear - 'there is no download option'.

Thanks,

Colin