What do you mean by "cold instance startup that timed out" ?

Sometimes I will get the error:
Request was aborted after waiting too long to attempt to service your
request. This may happen sporadically when the App Engine serving
cluster is under unexpectedly high or uneven load. If you see this
message frequently, please contact the App Engine team.

I see this error occasionally when my site has NO load, so I assume
this is a cold instance startup that timed out?

I've been trying to find out about this issue for a while with little
response.  It is fairly troubling to see this error randomly in
several apps of mine.  I never noticed it until I realized it is a
"warning" not an "error" so you must set your log severity
appropriately to find these.  People have told me this error occurs
when all your apps instances are busy and requests wait too long in
queue for an instance.  However, I see it when my site has NO load so
I don't quite believe this is always the case...