Let me mention another "just launched" site using GAE:

http://www.vox.io

It's a telephony in a browser - no download needed. You can import
your contacts from different sources or just call a number. The people
you call will see your actual phone number (no more unanswered calls
because of unknown numbers). Also, "collect call" feature with
"QuickCall" link.

Try it, they would love to get some feedback (I am not the developer,
I just know the team behind it).

Regards,
Uros