I figured people would be happy. I'm not on StackOverFlow, so moving to
there means you don't have to listen to me anymore.

My thoughts on the matter.

While I wanted a space that was more GAE for CTO's / Project managers, which
was why I pushed for www.cloudonastring.com as a discussion list, I
recognize that Stack is not newb friendly, and a lot of the questions that
come through here would not be treated nicely.

Letting the Stack community handle questions likely lightens the load on GAE
team to free them up to do other things, but moving the community to Stack
also means that you open the community to poachers. People don't troll here
looking to say "you know Java on EC2 works really well" or you know that
PyCloud will run all your GAE apps and doesn't have the stupid 60 time out
or scheduler issues."

I have a couple of times told people who weren't finding answer here to
check Stack, because they are much better at doing things like "I have an
N-node traveling salesman problem what is the most efficient way to handle
it with the memory constraints of GAE's F1 Instance"  but that is really
about understanding that GAE can't commit people to answer those questions,
and most of the hardcore coders on this list get annoyed by the newbs, or
don't want to share info for free.

I stick around this group because as many of you have noticed and complained
about, when I am testing a performance tweak GAE provides valuable insight
about how the black box works, and users point me to pitfalls, or better
optimizations.   That is something that Stack doesn't encourage. (the would
probably kick me for doing it)

I view this list as the half way between what I want and what the hard core
coders want.  I don't know if I think this announcement makes this list more
that, or less that.

-Brandon