I don't think there's any reason to migrate existing apps unless App Engine
no longer satisfies your requirements.  I don't see App Engine going
away... you just need to set your expectations of the platform accordingly
(don't expect bugs to get resolved unless you have a paid support plan,
don't expect earth shattering new services/features, etc).