> Are there plans to port over NDB for datastore access on managed VMs?

There is on-going discussion about NDB for Cloud Datastore here
<https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/gcloud-python/issues/557#issuecomment-106952671>.

The tl;dr is that basically it's possible, it's planned, but its contingent
on the next release of the Cloud Datastore API and decoupling NDB from the
App Engine SDK.

That being said, you can absolutely continue use NDB in Managed VMs by
using runtime: python-compat
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/managed-vms/python/migrating-an-existing-app>
.

Is webapp2 going to be deprecated

There are no present plans that I'm aware of to deprecate webapp2. Because
webapp2 is a WSGI-compliant web framework and is not itself tied to App
Engine, you can use it in Standard, Managed VMs, and pretty much anywhere
else. It'll continue to work everywhere WSGI works. It's also an
open-source project and patches are always welcome.

The choice of Flask for our samples in Managed VMs is to more closely match
the broader Python community. In that same effort, we're also creating
Django samples.

 only went with it because I thought it would be better supported, but it
> is far from the best option and not even maintained as far as I can tell. I
> absolutely think you should push Flask or something similar and just
> publicly declare that you won’t be maintaining webapp2.

We're recommending developers use what they are comfortable and familiar
with and we're working to make sure that common tools and frameworks work
on our platform.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/6aa82639-149b-4915-a19b-f50f08953e7b%40googlegroups.com.