Hi Amir I really appreciate the documentation.  I used to know it like the
back of my hand but lately I've noticed a lot of changes.  Personally I'd
like to see more documentation that gets to the delineation between Compute
Engine / Managed VMs / App Engine.  Specifically when it comes to services.

Some services like Datastore work quickly and without authentication in
both Managed VMs (java-compat at least) and traditional App Engine.  What
is the performance cost of using that service from Compute Engine?  I can
test it myself but some examples would be awesome.
With other services like Cloud SQL the Managed VM is much more like Compute
Engine... you have to have a strategy for authentication.  And for my usage
performance of Cloud SQL is relatively the same across offerings.

I know these offerings blur--and as a developer I love choice... but I
think clear documentation and for me especially some insight to the
service/API *roadmap *would be welcome.  Will Search API be usable from
compute engine?[*]
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/d59b6b7d-7199-4490-96ed-983481b3df27%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Will Managed VMs eventually scale to custom metrics?  How does scaling in
compute engine compare to scaling for Managed VMs?  Is datastore access
from Compute Engine and Managed VM environment comparable?  These are the
types of questions I think developers need to get on the right platform.

I'm currently moving from Managed VM over to Compute Engine.  Some things
about that decision still leave me uneasy.  I love some of the API
offerings and I don't want to lose out on performance.  Roadmaps!  App
Engine rocks.  Keep pushing.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/162eaefc-9f11-40f2-be26-edc01f35e791%40googlegroups.com.