> Map:www.my-walk.com/index.php

Doesn't seem to be any path data in that page

> Inside the addRoute method I would like some code that says if the
> path is within the bounds of the map, draw its polyline and add it to
> the map.

See the reference
http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/reference.html#LatLngBounds
bounds objects have a method to test for intersection with another
bounds.
Cycle through your candidate polys and test each one.   It's imperfect
and could result in some polys being added that actually remain out of
view, but it will probably serve.