Yeah, just changed it to this and it worked:

var coordinates = "<? echo ($row["coordinates"]); ?>";

:D

The issue I have now is that if the user moves the map (Google Maps 'idle'
event), the code will draw any routes of which have a center within the
current bounds. The issue here is if I move the tiniest bit, the routes are
still within the bounds and it draws them AGAIN.

I obviously need a remove Overlays style method at the beginning of the
addRoute method, but my current code is not working.

for (i=0; i<pathArray.length; i++)
    {
        poly = new google.maps.Polyline({
            path: pathArray[i]