(BTW, I could be wrong about the whole "let's not have freeform text". It
was just one guy's opinion that it makes things too inconsistent. I'd like
to hear if other people agree/disagree.)

@Other people: agree/disagree?

Assuming people do agree that it's a bit better to avoid freeform text, then
Bob, I like your most recent suggestion with John's addendum.