Jeff:

Column 1 : Column 2 ; Column 3
Column 1 :Column 3
Column 1 : Column 2 ; Column 3

Column 3 has just "jumped around".  It was at an X offset of 300, then
200, then 300

If I disable column 2, column 3 doesn't move.  If I hide column 2,
column 3 does move.  This makes hiding column 2 a BAD thing to do.

Column 2 is related to column 1.  It is NOT related to column 3.
Therefore, we cannot switch the order of columns 2 and 3 without
damaging the user's understanding of the data being presented by the
columns.

I do not, and will not, hard code the positions of user interface
elements.  I make a great deal of use of HorizontalPanel, and do not
use "Standard doctype" for anything (if / when GWT stops supporting
Quirks mode, I'll most likely stop upgrading GWT, because I can't
think of anything they might add that could be worth having to
explicitly tell everything where to go).

I've got three tables in an align left HorizontalPanel.  The center
table has one of the checkbox Column's that I'm concerned about.
Hiding / deleting / removing / not rendering that column causes the
table to its right to move.

All these things are the kind of reason why disabling controls was
invented way back in the early dawn of the GUI.  The question is does
GWT support that basic feature in CellTables?

Do you know the answer to that question?  If so, could you impart that
answer to the rest of us?

Greg