Hi,

I asked that many times to my direct managers and even a few levels above.
It is indeed in their best interest to also invest in GWT by not producing
workarounds but patches.
On that front I am a bit optimistic in my position as well, but it takes
time to change that mentality in the corporate world. They like to use
(which took them a long time to adapt too as well) but contributing is
another big step for smaller companies that are not 100% into software.

David