Hubert and Mike are currently testing out the problem list extracts to SNOMED
CT (can also obtain ICD-9-CM) for our load of SNOMED diagnoses.  They will
share soon and can demo on GPC-DEV call if interested.

UNMC medication data not tested yet but we have outpatient prescriptions (med
orders) as well as dispense histories received from Surescripts during
ambulatory clinical encounters.  To the best of my knowledge, inpatients med
orders are also available but  we have not started work on the extracts for
those yet
Jim

James R. Campbell MD
campb...@unmc.edu
Office: 402-559-7505
Secretary: 402-559-7299
Pager: 402-888-1230

> On Oct 11, 2014, at 1:13 AM, "GPC Informatics" <d...@madmode.com> wrote:
>
> #31: data elements for ALS cohort characterization
> -------------------------------------+------------------------
> Reporter:  dconnolly                |       Owner:  jhe
>     Type:  design-issue             |      Status:  assigned
> Blocking:                           |
> -------------------------------------+------------------------
>
> Comment (by jhe):
>
> Oct 10: we had a 2.5 hours meeting discussing variables from Jeff’s list.
>
> Most of items connected with a small number of patients and some of the
> items pulled a lot of things out by searching key words.  We had
> discussions on what should be used for pulling data.  Jeff thought many of
> the numbers are much lower than what he saw in clinic, for example, only
> 261 out of 1905 patients took Riluzole that is the only FDA approved
> medication for ALS. So, there is a big question of whether Heron have all
> the data from O2. If not, then that is a really serious problem for using
> Heron for research. If all O2 data is in Heron, then we need to figure out
> how we can pull them out.
>
> During the meeting, two key questions came up:
> 1.      Do medications in Heron include physician’s prescription data or
> they are KU pharmacy’s fulfilling prescriptions data?
> 2.      Jeff mentioned that there is “problem list” in O2 that is easier
> for identifying comorbidities. Are they in Heron? If yes, where they are?
>
> Can anybody from the medicalinformatics team answer these?
>
> --
> Ticket URL:
> <http://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/ticket/31#comment:21>
> gpc-informatics <http://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/>
> Greater Plains Network - Informatics

The information in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential, intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or disclosure
of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake,
please delete it and immediately contact the sender.