every DMV is a little different.  Shawn you are going to have to check
with the NY DMV.  In west virginia people register 2 stroke closed course
dirt bikes.  Kinda interesting to pull up to a stop light along side of a
KTM 300EXC (seems to be the bike of choice.)
Louis

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000 15:19:39 -0500 (EST) Richard Lanouette
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Even if they say yes at the DMV, you might received a letter a few
> weeks later
> saying to prove that the bike is met dot and epa regulation,
> otherwise you have
> to register it as an offroad vehicule. Also, at custom, if the
> decide that the
> paperwork is not in order, they might not let you the bike came in,
> even with a
> letter of the DMV.
>
> Richard
>

> "Henry S. Winokur" wrote:
>
> > Why don't you ask the NY DMV.  If they say 'yes', then just be
> sure to get
> > it in writing from somebody at the top.
> >
> > Henry S. Winokur
> > '94 GTS 1000
> > AMA Lifer, MRF, MSF/MD MSP Certified Instructor
> > West Bethesda, MD

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.