>jeu. 27 août 2026 at 08:23, Greg Hogan <[email protected]> wrote:

> Fellow Guix,
>
> After deep personal reflection I have accepted that my criticism of
> GCD 007 during the discussion period does not satisfy the constructive
> comments requirement for a vote of disapproval. Since this was the
> only disapproval and more than 25% of the community deliberated, with
> this annulment GCD 007 has been accepted.

I don’t think that, upon rectification of one’s mind a few months after
the deliberation period ends, we should be changing acceptance/rejection
status of a GCD. Think the other way round: what if anyone decides to
disapprove ? Do we have then to withdraw an accepted GCD since a few
months ? What I several people do the same ? Do we accept / reject GCD
dynamically with time ?

Remember also that a GCD [0] can be proposed again if one considers that
consensus may be reached on a second try, when people had the time to
consider it more in depth. Maybe this is a way forward for GCD 007.

C.

[0] 
https://codeberg.org/guix/guix-consensus-documents/raw/branch/main/001-gcd-process.md

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to