Hi Greg,

On Thu, 27 Aug 2026 at 15:14, Cayetano Santos <[email protected]> wrote:

>> After deep personal reflection I have accepted that my criticism of
>> GCD 007 during the discussion period does not satisfy the constructive
>> comments requirement for a vote of disapproval. Since this was the
>> only disapproval and more than 25% of the community deliberated, with
>> this annulment GCD 007 has been accepted.

Thanks for taking the time to reflect on the situation.  It’s much
appreciated and it appears to me courageous to publicly say so.  Thank
you!

However, sadly it cannot be so simple. :-) The GCD deliberation isn’t
the expression of some mood or feelings at the deliberation time,
instead it’s the result of a deep thought about (1) “Can I live with my
concerns and the flaws I identify” and (2) “Aside my personal
preferences, is the outcome of the GCD at hand a good direction for the
project to move forward?”.

> I don’t think that, upon rectification of one’s mind a few months after
> the deliberation period ends, we should be changing acceptance/rejection
> status of a GCD. Think the other way round: what if anyone decides to
> disapprove ? Do we have then to withdraw an accepted GCD since a few
> months ? What I several people do the same ? Do we accept / reject GCD
> dynamically with time ?

I fully agree with Cayetano.

Greg, what your message points seems about a misunderstanding of GCD
001.  Therefore, it’s what needs to be clarified, IMHO.  Especially what
means “constructive comments”.

Again thank you Greg for your honesty and transparency.

Cheers,
simon

Reply via email to