Nemin <[email protected]> writes:

On Thu, 03 Sep 2026 12:29:05 +0200
Simon Tournier <[email protected]> wrote:
However, sadly it cannot be so simple. :-) The GCD deliberation isn’t the expression of some mood or feelings at the deliberation time, instead it’s the result of a deep thought about (1) “Can I live with my
concerns and the flaws I identify” and (2) “Aside my personal
preferences, is the outcome of the GCD at hand a good direction for the
project to move forward?”.

As an outside observer, I find it really odd that the GCD process is set up in a way that allows a single person to completely torpedo a ~2 month
process.

I understand and support the want to avoid "tyranny of the majority", but I think similarly there is also issues with granting an unchecked veto, even if there is some filtering in place of only maintainers being
able to vote. [...]

I see the word "veto" in this message and others before it. The consensus finding process does not know of a veto. The fact that disagreement was leveraged as an effective veto is a severe misunderstanding of the process and the responsibilities it puts on participants. This is why I think that the process needs to be updated to include safeguards against non-constructive disagreement.

--
Ricardo

Reply via email to