At 10:02 AM 8/17/2006, you wrote:
On 17 Aug 2006 at 9:48, Kurt Feltenberger wrote:

> Guess not.  I'm curious though, the people you spoke to, were they all
> local to you or abroad but not in the US?  I'm curious if the issues
> that have been mentioned to me are cultural bias or not.

International, including the US.

Thanks. Like I mentioned, the general feedback I've gotten on it was rather negative; not internally consistent, appearance that the writers went out of their way to be PC and include every ethnic group as NPCs, the first world being marginalized, and the Vilani having the feel of a bunch of buffoons were three that come readily to mind about the new content, and the lack of mileu specific equipment descriptions for nuts and bolts.

I *really* wanted to like the book. The IW era is one that appeals to me as it puts the characters on the sharp end of discovery, but it seemed that as it was poised for greatness, the writing team decided to change course and make it just another merchant campaign set against the backdrop of the war or pseudo peace.


Kurt Feltenberger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
TEOTWAWKI Fiction And Discussion http://www.teotwawki.net

"To our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations,
     may she always be in the right, but our country, right or wrong!"
~Stephen Decatur

_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to