At 12:44 PM 8/17/2006, you wrote:
Kurt Feltenberger wrote:
Have you read G:T IW?

Yes

I can, reluctantly, handle the UN becoming the world government, but
as the text indicates in one paragraph, the first world nations were
still pretty much in control and dominated things. How is it then,
that after the captain of the ship that made first contact, pretty
much no one was from the first world in the NPCs and pretty much no
one from the first world was shown to contribute much at all?

I don't know, and offhand don't care? If I needed to come up with a reason, it would be 'the first world didn't feel any real need to get involved in offworld adventurism'.

That seems like quite a dodge considering how the first world are the ones developing the technology to go "out there" in the first place...

The Vilani, while we all know they lost the IWs, are portrayed as something akin to a bunch of interconnected Mafia families with a
whole lot less common sense and ability to communicate.

That's hard to avoid; the only way the IWs can make sense is if the Vilani were extremely ineffective.

Ineffective I can handle, but the way they were presented really made them out to be buffoons.

Then, when I was expecting to get descriptions or illustrations of
the small arms and gear used in the IW, all that's present is a short
quip that says, "Use what's in the 4e, that'll work."  No chrome,
nothing. That's just plain shoddy.

I disagree. Publishing new equipment stats, just to publish new equipment stats, when existing stats are perfectly acceptable, is shoddy.

In every other G:T book that contains equipment, it's done. Hell, I could probably live with no stats, but geeze, toss us a bone and give us some chrome.



Kurt Feltenberger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
TEOTWAWKI Fiction And Discussion http://www.teotwawki.net

"To our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations,
     may she always be in the right, but our country, right or wrong!"
~Stephen Decatur

_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to