> Have you read G:T IW? I can, reluctantly, handle the UN becoming the > world government, but as the text indicates in one paragraph, the > first world nations were still pretty much in control and dominated > things.
The way I read it, this 'world government' started out as a fig leaf to cover the power-grab by the first world. Two generations later, the numbers of the third world started to make themselves felt. If anything, there are too few Chinese and Indians ... > How is it then, that after the captain of the ship that made > first contact, pretty much no one was from the first world in the > NPCs and pretty much no one from the first world was shown to > contribute much at all? Let us take a look at p. 41-47, the 'Biographies' section. Among the Terrans, we have * Strider: American. * Hasegawa: Japanese. Not first world by your count? * al-Ghazali: Arab. * Albadawi: Half-Arab, half-Spanish. Half first world, then. * Kovacs: a colonial Terran. Beyond that, from the name we can guess he's European. * Estigarribia: Peruvian, quarter-Basque and quarter-Japanese. I make it three and two half out of six. I guess the problem isn't a lack of first-world people, it is the lack of first-world names for those people :-) > The Vilani, while we all know they lost the IWs, are portrayed as > something akin to a bunch of interconnected Mafia families with a > whole lot less common sense and ability to communicate. Well, effective Vilani should have won. We couldn't have that ... > Then, when I was expecting to get descriptions or illustrations of > the small arms and gear used in the IW, all that's present is a short > quip that says, "Use what's in the 4e, that'll work." No chrome, > nothing. That's just plain shoddy. > > Kurt Feltenberger Seconded. _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
