-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
Onno Meyer wrote:
Von: "Troy Guffey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I worked up this gun for "monster-hunter" types where you want to
shoot big
heavy bullets AND have a large ammo capacity.
Heavy bullets and large ammo capacity are a contradiction in terms.
You have lighter rounds than a 9mm pistol!
I'm guessing that's because the 9mm rounds included propellant, and
the EM rifle rounds don't. Very small bullets apparently have a
"break up" problem when going *though* obstacles that heavier bullets
do not. It's a question of more mass to protect and soak damage to
the bullets. (Seen on FutureWeapons).
Then I found out how much
it
weighs and costs. Is it worth it as standard issue? Is it worth
it if you
have to carry it every day, and on long hikes? Or is it going to
be a SAW?
Monster hunter and standard issue are another contradiction, unless
you play an endless sequence of Aliens scenarios. "SAW" sounds
military, not adventurer-like ...
By 'standard issue', I meant standard issue for *these* squads
members. And even monster hunters might go for one guy carrying
something even heavier which matches the SAW concept.
- --
Troy Guffey
ICQ: 1978644
AIM: Pax214
Y!: troyguffey
LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/troyguffey/
PGP key ID: 0xDCCDF22D
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 8.1 - not licensed for commercial use: www.pgp.com
iQA/AwUBSGk2UrFbrNPczfItEQKprgCgv8mIl/rBq60jzI5sLH6JnWPgWugAnRc2
WPVpfKkQXWsv96k79DvsOWEj
=+vvl
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l