> >> I worked up this gun for "monster-hunter" types where you want to > >> shoot big > >> heavy bullets AND have a large ammo capacity. > > > > Heavy bullets and large ammo capacity are a contradiction in terms. > > You have lighter rounds than a 9mm pistol! > > I'm guessing that's because the 9mm rounds included propellant, and > the EM rifle rounds don't. Very small bullets apparently have a > "break up" problem when going *though* obstacles that heavier bullets > do not. It's a question of more mass to protect and soak damage to > the bullets. (Seen on FutureWeapons).
No. This is an extra-low-power 10mm, which has lighter rounds than a low-power 9mm (generic pistol rounds). > >> Then I found out how much > >> it > >> weighs and costs. Is it worth it as standard issue? Is it worth > >> it if you > >> have to carry it every day, and on long hikes? Or is it going to > >> be a SAW? > > > > Monster hunter and standard issue are another contradiction, unless > > you play an endless sequence of Aliens scenarios. "SAW" sounds > > military, not adventurer-like ... > > By 'standard issue', I meant standard issue for *these* squads > members. And even monster hunters might go for one guy carrying > something even heavier which matches the SAW concept. I'm still fuzzy about the level of organization for your monster hunters. A 'PC adventuring party' or part of a larger organization with standard equipment? Anyway, the classic Minimi SAW fires assault rifle rounds from a belt-fed, GPMG-like action. For monster hunters, I would expect the heavy weapons guy to carry the equivalent of a .50 sniper rifle - slower-firing, fewer shots, lots of damage. _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
