--- On Mon, 6/30/08, Troy Guffey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Onno Meyer wrote:
> >> Von: "Troy Guffey"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >> I worked up this gun for
> "monster-hunter" types where you want to
> >> shoot big
> >> heavy bullets AND have a large ammo capacity.
> >
> > Heavy bullets and large ammo capacity are a
> contradiction in terms.
> > You have lighter rounds than a 9mm pistol!
>
> I'm guessing that's because the 9mm rounds included
> propellant, and
> the EM rifle rounds don't. Very small bullets
> apparently have a
> "break up" problem when going *though* obstacles
> that heavier bullets
> do not. It's a question of more mass to protect and
> soak damage to
> the bullets. (Seen on FutureWeapons).
Ah. I thought you wanted 10mm because it's the minimum bore for HE, APEX and
CHEM rounds.
(although in WWII there was a feeble SAPHE round for the Japanese 7.7mm Arisake
Type 99 rifle, doing 6d-1(0.5) + 1d-4 HE, compared to 6d+2 regular)
Brandon
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l