E House wrote:

Has anyone found a vacuum that works really well for the kind of
stuff
we costumers do? Something that can pick up all those threads and all
that fabric lint (and all that cat hair) that plagues us?

Have you tried an old-fashioned carpet sweeper?

My vacuum works fine for these things, but I think the carpet sweeper may be a better solution if you don't want to get a new vacuum. (And if you do, check Consumer Reports first.)

--
Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

"Then to the King's Theatre, where we saw "Midsummer's Night's Dream," which I had never seen before, nor shall ever again, for it is the most insipid ridiculous play that ever I saw in my life." -- Samuel Pepys, 1662