----- Original Message ----- From: "E House" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:25 PM
Subject: [h-cost] OT vacuums

I can't be the only one with this problem--little threads, all over my carpet, and a vacuum that just can't handle 'em. My vacuum has enough suction to pick up a bowling ball, but the little brush thinger that's supposed to pick up lint and so forth is pretty much useless. I have to use just the naked hose in order to get threads up, and even in a 2 bedroom apartment that gets very very tiring.

Has anyone found a vacuum that works really well for the kind of stuff we costumers do? Something that can pick up all those threads and all that fabric lint (and all that cat hair) that plagues us?

No cat hair here--but feathers and bird seed can wreak havoc on a vacuum! (And the Grey goes for distance when he flings...) And I have very long hair, which gets into everything and wraps nicely around the beater bar of a traditional vacuum.

I had a Dirt Devil bagless that lasted more than most of the others (three years, I kill most vacuums in one) but right now I have a Kenmore canister vac I got from Free Cycle, and I LOVE it.

-E House, longing for hardwood floors...

Dianne
And I could go for hardwood floors too! I actually rather enjoy vacuuming, but between the kids and the birds, the carpet just gets stained and dirty so fast!