> Has anyone found a vacuum that works really well for the kind of stuff we
> costumers do?  Something that can pick up all those threads and all that
> fabric lint (and all that cat hair) that plagues us?

I bought my Eureka Boss Smart Vac after I read that it got very good
ratings in Consumer Reports.  That was 2 years ago and the newer versions
of the model are still top-rated by CR.

It is a regular upright with a hose and several attachments.  You can
switch the suction from floor to hose.  I would recommend it to anyone.
The best part is that it has awesome suction and only costs around $140.
I bought mine at Best Buy and when I went back there last week to get a
replacement belt, I saw that they had the new Eureka Boss model.

Hope that helps!!

Diana

www.RenaissanceFabrics.net
"Everything for the Costumer"